TRAVELS TO GREECE
The procedures for entry into Greece described below have been extended until Novembre, 26th 2021.
Regardless of nationality and methods of entry into Greece (international flight, ferries, land crossings, etc.), all travelers who have already turned 12 must:
- Fill in an online form on this site (not accessible with Internet Explorer), the Passenger Locator Form (PLF), with which they must provide information on the place of origin, the duration of previous stays in other countries and the address of their stay in Greece. It should be noted that the travel.gov.gr page is managed by the Greek authorities and not by the Italian Embassy in Athens.
For questions related to the operation of the site and / or doubts about entering the country related to filling in the PLF, you can contact the assistance number indicated by the Greek authorities: (0030) 2155605151 (in English or Greek).
- Submit the Covid-EU Digital Certification, or alternatively one of the following:
- a) vaccination certificate attesting the completion of the vaccination cycle for at least 14 days;
- b) negative PCR test certificate carried out in the 72 hours prior to entry into Greece;
- c) negative certificate of rapid antigen test carried out within 48 hours prior to entry into Greece;
- d) certificate of cure or Covid positivity provided that 1) The test certifying positivity is carried out at least 30 days after being positive for the first time; 2) The test certifying positivity dates back to a period between nine (9) and two (2) months before entering Greece.
All the aforementioned certificates can be in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian or Greek.
Passengers without PLF and one of the certificates referred to in point 2) may be refused boarding.
Furthermore, the possibility remains in force for all incoming passengers to be subjected, on a sample basis, to a rapid test carried out upon arrival in Greece. The sample test, if selected, is mandatory: the Greek authorities reserve the right to refuse entry to the country to those who refuse to undergo the rapid test. In case of positivity, a mandatory 10-day isolation period is envisaged for travellers who tested positive and for their next contacts in special “quarantine hotels” (accommodation costs are covered by the Greek State), where new tests will be carried out to verify the initial diagnosis. More information on the measures envisaged for entry into Greece is available on the following website, by the Greek Civil Protection: https://travel.gov.gr/#/
More info on http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/country/GRC
TRAVELS FROM GREECE
- Igoumenitsa – Brindisi
- Corfu – Brindisi
- Igoumenitsa – Ancona
- Patras – Ancona
- Corfu – Ancona
Since the regulatory provisions change suddenly, it will be the responsibility of each passenger to check the national and regional restrictions in force before each journey – both outward and return journeys.
From 31/07 to 15/12, in case of stay or transit in Greece in the 14 days prior to entry into Italy, the completion of an online localization form (also called digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF)) is required.
Once connected to the site, you need to:
- Follow the wizard to access the PLF
- Choose “Italy” as the destination country
- Register by creating a personal account with username and password (you only need to do it the first time)
- Fill in and send the PLF following the guided procedure
Once the form has been sent, the passenger will receive the PLF in pdf format and QRcode at the e-mail address indicated during registration, which he must show directly from his smartphone (in digital format) at the time of boarding and to anyone appointed to carry out the controls.
It is also mandatory to present the Covid-19 Green Certification which shows, alternatively:
- complete anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination for at least 14 days (two doses, if required by the type of vaccination);
- recovery from COVID-19, with simultaneous termination of the prescribed isolation following SARS-CoV-2 infection;
- carrying out a rapid or molecular antigen test, conducted with a swab and with negative results. The molecular test can be carried out in the 72 hours prior to arrival in Italy, the antigen test in the 48 hours prior to arrival in Italy.
Children under 6 years of age are exempted from carrying out the molecular or antigenic test, but not from the obligation of isolation, where applicable.
For more details, connect to the following link on the Viaggiare Sicuri website http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insights/saluteinviaggio and choose Entrances / returns to Italy from the countries of LIST C.